Wednesday 3 December 2014

Hilarious


Into electronic dance music. Enjoys chilling out at home watching DVD's. I believe I live in a country full of potential (Malaysia), but that it needs to change hands, such that the country undergoes a paradigm shift. That is what will see Malaysia move from being a developing nation to a leading 1st world nation.

As a kid I grew up in Malaysia on a steady diet of 80's and 70's cartoons and TV series, like Kimba, Astro boy, Captain Future, Transformers, Voltron, Silverhawks, GI Joe, MASK, Bravestarr, the Superfriends, Batman, Popeye, Bugs Bunny, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the A-Team, Battlestarr Galactica, Macguyver, Remington Steele, the Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Time Tunnel, The Land of the Giants, Mission Impossible and many many more. I always related to 'Wreck-gar' from the Transformers movie, as the Autobot whose speech was based on television transmissions. The other one was 'Ultra Magnus', the reluctant leader.

Did high school and university study at Perth, Australia. Learnt how to drink alcohol there. Graduated with a double degree in civil engineering and Commerce and couldn't get a job there so came back to Malaysia.
Got a job with an engineering consultant, made some new friends, met a girl, married her (my first true love), had a baby son with her (August 2007). My father is Chinese (Hakka) and my mother is mixed Portuguese (Dad) and Nyonya Baba (Mum). That's why I put Asian/Latin in my profile, but for all intents and purposes, in Malaysia I'm considered Chinese. Anyway, I look Chinese more than anything else...

I am courageous, honest, and empathic
What I’m doing with my life
Helping people realise their investment goals by using Public Mutual and unit trust as a platform.

I’m really good at
geeky trivia for quiz nights and treasure hunts.
The first things people usually notice about me
That I wear glasses. That I should have gotten braces.

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
A) Dragonlance novels, and Alan Moore graphic novels.
B) Aliens, Alien, Alien Resurrection, Alien 3 (In that order), Sepet, Mukhsin, Gubra, Gol & Gincu.
C) Michael Franti, The Prodigy, C&C Music Factory, D'Angelo, Moloko.
D) Oh Chean (Fried Oyster), lasagna, calzone, pork/bacon burgers.

The six things I could never do without
1) My wife
2) The alarm on my mobile phone
3) Reminders
4) Music
5) TV
6) The Internet

I spend a lot of time thinking about
...Am I doing things correctly, or can I improve the way I do things.
On a typical Friday night I am
At home, playing with my kids.

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I cry during movies, and also during certain episodes of Star Trek. Also, I think the Malaysian Government is a joke sometimes.
They can send you to jail for saying stuff like that here in Malaysia (about the goverment thing, not crying during Star Trek).
You should message me if
...you actually found the above drivel interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment